Friday, November 29, 2013
Omg, has it really been that long?
Well, here we are again. I always forget I have this blog, for real, I do! Not that I was ever a constant updater but I went a long time without touching the thing. With that said, it seems like I'm not the only one! A lot of the other blogs that I followed have slowed A LOT too. So what's the deal with that? I honestly think that now with the Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, the other ones that I forget about, have taken over for the BlogSpot/blogger site. Which is unfortunate but in a time where social media is booming and there's a new thing popping up everyday it's expected right?
Ah, man, well with all that said what kind of an update can I offer? Well, I turned 30 this year so that's interesting. I expected some sort of crisis because of the whole "oh my god I'm approaching 30!!" bullshit that we see in movies and on television. I was more hyped about that thinking, "It's gonna happen, it's gonna happen, I'm going to turn 30 and I'm going to apparently be all pissed about it!!", then I turned 30 and nothing. I didn't even get to have a meltdown or anything!! Now the bf just calls me old and I have to put him in his place and say "Yeah, but you're still older than me...lets not forget that...and now you're in the dog house for calling me old, how do you like them apples grandpa? Hmmm, sucks to be you doesn't it?" I don't expect there to be any trauma about turning a certain age, I think we create it ourselves obviously. I actually think I had to reassure other people, "It's ok that I'm turning 30, you'll be ok don't worry" and then I throw in the fact that it wasn't many moons ago when I got asked for ID at Wal-Mart for an R-rated DVD because she didn't think I was 18. Yep, now that was probably 3 years ago or so but it's still an enjoyable thing to tell people when they say something about my age being 30, then I just say "Hey, remember that time, I probably told you about this, but at Wal-Mart, not too long ago......" and I'm usually met with an eye roll but POINT PROVEN!! Also I just really enjoy telling that story. To answer your unasked question, it was a horror movie.
Anyway, I think I'm just going to post this, feel free to comment! Although, I'm beginning to think a lot of people don't use this anymore so maybe nobody will read this and that's fine too! If anything, it proves and says "Jeff was here in 2013....at least once".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment