Well, this is only my second blog entry on here so I'm still getting the hang of it. I think that there's sooo many buttons and options on this site that it'll take a little while to get the complete hang of. When it comes to pressing some of these buttons, I usually have the kind of luck where I'll press one and BAM! everything disappears. For this reason, I don't use all the buttons on my keyboard, never have, never will. I wonder how many people actually use the little number pad off to the right of the keyboard? I'm not lazy or anything, I'm just a technology minimalist. I want things to be pure simple and not complicated. The only time I've ever pressed any of the "F1-F12" buttons was when I was prompted to do so. I am essentially your grandparent with a computer, except in the body of a 27 year old. Although I'm sure that there's a whole lot of grandparents who're really, really experienced with computers. Hahaha, ok I'm going to express my mental image that I'm having while thinking about grandparents and technology. Let me set it up, I'm picturing a room in a seniors complex, filled with seniors and each and everyone of them is busy clicking away on a blackberry or iphone, hahaha, what can I say? I amuse myself and that's all that matters. For the record I do not own a cellular device in any way, shape or form. The only thing I own that is portable is my ipod, and not one with a screen, an ipod "Shuffle". It was given to me as a gift to replace the DiscMan that until, hmm, 5 years ago, I was still using when walking around or whatever.
To go further into my non-existant use of technology....I have dial-up internet. This is amazing to some people, "They still have that!?!", yes they still have it and I still use it. I'm actually getting offers from the phone company to stop using it, the last offer was a $25.00 giftcard to a grocery store, haha. I'm holding out for $50.00 or a house or something, haha. Hey, if I can get a total monthly internet bill in the form of a giftcard for a grocery store, it evens things out a bit.
Well, this is my second post...I don't know why I decided to come up with a blog really. I'm not all that interesting but I work nights at a hotel and this helps during the down time. My good blog posts are sometimes a flash in the pan but they do happen!
So, for now, time to sign off.
WOW! dial up!? for cereal!? wow! how retro cool! awesome! I work at a hotel too and do occasional vampire shifts! cool, we're like 2 peas in a pod ;)
ReplyDeleteNice - high fives to the hotel workers! Hahaha, 2 very far away from eachother, peas in a pod we are. With that I've got to admit that I rarely/never use the "peas in a pod" expression but I did yesterday and I wake up and find this comment, it's like you're reading my mind! Sookie is that you? hahaha.
ReplyDelete