Thursday, May 6, 2010

I knew it was coming....

Yes I have done it....I have broken the 9 Minutes In Heaven button on my clock (aka. the snooze button). Yes, we as adults don't play 7 Minutes In Heaven like teenagers do, we desperately play 9 Minutes In Heaven with our alarm clocks. I noticed last night when I woke up that it was acting oddly....but it might've been just me still half asleep. I swear though I pressed it and looked over and it was counting down from 0:59...my clock doesn't have a timer that would do that on it. It was almost like it was saying "59 seconds until I'm not going to be doing this ever again for you." So apparently, I now need a new alarm clock. I've always wondered who the hell came up with 9 minutes....only 9? Why!? I'd never really realized how often I took advantage of that button until it was gone. No joke, I was up 18 minutes earlier tonight!!

In other news, I am off for the weekend after this night. As long as I make it though tonight with coffee and strength but mostly coffee. Hey, come on, I lost 18 minutes of sleep! 18 minutes of sleep is almost the length of time it would take to watch an episode of a sitcom on DVD. So think about that!

One thing you need to know about me is that I equate time to the length of movies/tv shows. It's weird but I do it. For example, if I have 2 hours left to work then I think of a really long movie that I couldn't watch in that amount of time. Most of the time it's Titanic, so I'll think to myself, "Yessss, it's 6am, I've only got 2 hours left.....I couldn't even watch all of Titanic in this amount of time!!!"

Yeah, I never claimed to be fully sane! Hahaha, but I am....most of the time.

4 comments:

  1. omg I'm not fully sane either!! cool! Coffee is at a constant flow into my body at all times when I work a vampire shift but I do the same, I usually break my time into shows and movies to watch, then it goes by faster, ooooh I have one more episode of True Blood to watch before quitting time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, yesss, another not fully sane person on here! Believe me I drink lots of coffee, a pot a night when I'm working but I've never had decaffinated....where's the fun in that!?!?! I only work the 'vampire shift' as you call it, 6 years and still going!! It's the best time to be awake, everything happens at night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, always great to meet another javajunkie, not so sane vampire friend! Night rocks, I like it too! I'm more "awake" in the night than in the day, all the cool people are out at night and it just seems more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is great! I think we both agree on,

    #1. Coffee - Need it.

    #2. Night time is the right time.

    #3. A certain TV viewing habit....on DVD though.

    I always appreciate a good java junkie!

    ReplyDelete